Saturday, May 14, 2011

Warrior Dash 2011

Today was the craziest fricken day of my life!!!! That is the saying at warrior dash. It is a 3.4 mile run/obstacle course. It is all mud, blood, sweat, and beer!! A bunch of ladies and I, mostly wives from Phillip's unit competed today and we had so much fun!! It was so amazing!! I am already so excited to do it next year and hopefully with Phillip right beside me! The first part is about a mile and half run and then you emerge straight into cold water and swim across a lake to jump over old junk yard trucks. Then run more, to climbing walls, running up tires, rope climbing followed by more running, slip in slides, black holes, mud pit with barb wire, log rolling in water, more running and ending with your glamerous jump over hot flaming fire!! It was so AWESOME!! Every finisher gets a metal, glass water, a bananna, and a FREE BEER!! There is a huge pile of sneakers for people to donate their old dirty shoes!! The band is playing and everywhere you look people are dressed in costumes to go through the race! It is in North Georgia and it is so beautiful up there!! I was so lucky because Nana Cheryl kept Cohen for me and I got a great break. However I had never slept away from my baby boy before and I missed him so much!!! I know he was in great hands. But when I walked in the door and he gave me his great big smile, I just melted and it made it all worth it. Well I am off to bed I am exhausted and my body is beat up!! I hope you enjoy the pictures!! And everyone needs to sign up next year!! I PROMISE you wont regret it!!! :)


 
Real Warriors!!!

 
 Some Spartan men we found! ha!! :)

3/75 RGR Wives!!


No comments:

Post a Comment